Rumah Rubah - a Sustainable Villa in Bali
Tumbak Bayuh, Bali | Land: 3,000 m2, Building : 971 m2
Architect: Studio Jenquel
Construction started: 2020
Architects Maximilian Jenquel and Mantra collaborated to design a sustainable luxury villa for a private client set in the upper reaches of Pererenan, Bali along a small river valley. The architecture is timeless, inspired by Japanese elements and relying on natural materials like lava stone and teak wood.
Environmentally Sustainable Design Services
Design & Build Sustainably
- Environmentally sustainable design from concept to construction.
- Passive design studies to optimize the building shading and airflow.
- Active design studies such as building energy simulation to reduce heat gain, improve AC efficiency and indoor thermal comfort.
- Integrated sustainable systems design for energy, carbon, water and waste systems.
- Rainwater harvesting for potable water and waste water recycling for irrigation.
- High tech and efficient airconditioning sytems coupled with air to water heat pump hot water systems.
- Renewable energy system: grid-tie rooftop solar power over car parking.
- Low embodied carbon building materials including sustainable timber, aerated bricks and local stone..
- Waste separation at source and on-site composting
- Integrated Mechanical Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) engineering design.
- Construction monitoring: weekly site visits and meeting to manage quality of construction
Environmental Impact & Savings
Waste to Landfill Reduction:
Carbon Emission Reduction
Return on Investment
Savings calculated over a 20 year lifetime.